Lemon Essential Oil
Start your day refreshed with a drop of Lemon Essential Oil or try it in a diffuser mixture.
Lemon Essential Oil is benefit rich and can help with a wide variety of ailments. It is known for its calming properties and is antifungal and astringent. Not only does it treat coughs, fatigue, infections, nausea, oral health, and respiratory issues, but it may also be effective at fighting tumors.
CO2 Extraction Method For Lemon Oil
Pulverize: Lemon peel is washed and disinfected, dried at low temperature (not higher than 50°C), pulverized into powder, passed through a 50 mesh sieve, and stored in a desiccator for later use.
CO2 Extraction: Put the lemon peel powder into the CO2 extraction kettle; assemble it according to the procedure, check the airtight performance of the entire extraction system, and after the system is well airtight, adjust When the temperature and pressure reach predetermined values, extraction is carried out under supercritical conditions, and the experiment reaches the required time. The volatile oil of lemon peel powder is collected, and the extraction rate is calculated.
11 Parameters of Lemon Oil CO2 Extraction Process
- Granularity: 50 mesh;
- Extraction pressure: 250 bar;
- Extraction temperature: 35℃;
- Separation pressure: 100 bar;
- Separation temperature: 60℃;
- Time: 90 minutes
- Eucalyptus oil extraction rate: 5.05%
Distillation Of Lemon Essential Oil
Take the crushed lemon powder, pass it through a 50-mesh sieve, put it in a 2000mL round-bottom flask, add 1000mL of distilled water, extract it with a volatile oil extractor for 8 hours, extract the volatile oil with petroleum ether, add anhydrous sodium sulfate to the extract to dry, filter, and evaporate. Petroleum ether to obtain light yellow volatile oil, the extraction rate is O. 46%.
Top 5 Differences of Distillation vs CO2 Extraction Lemon Essential Oil Method
- The volatile components of the volatile oil obtained by extracting lemon peel by two methods are different.
- The main component of the lemon essential oil obtained by CO2 extraction is palmitic acid with weak volatility and relatively large relative molecular weight;
- The main component of lemon essential oil obtained by distillation is D-limonene with strong volatility and small relative molecular weight. Both chemical components are confirmed by standard products.
- It is worth noting that both the lemon essential oil obtained by the CO2 extraction method and the lemon essential oil obtained by the distillation method has a high content of 2-methylamino-benzoic acid methyl ester, indicating that these two methods can extract this ester component.
- The extraction rate of lemon essential oil by CO2 extraction is much higher than that by distillation.