Introduction to TC4:
The composition of titanium alloy TC4 material is Ti-6Al-4V, which belongs to (α+β) type titanium alloy and has good comprehensive mechanical and mechanical properties. Greater than strength. The strength of TC4 is sb=1.012GPa, density g=4.4103, specific strength sb/g=23.5, while the specific strength sb/g of alloy steel is less than 18. Titanium alloys have low thermal conductivity. The thermal conductivity of titanium alloy is 1/5 of that of iron and 1/10 of that of aluminum, and the thermal conductivity of TC4 is l=7.955W/m·K. Linear expansion coefficient=7.8910-6℃, specific heat=0.612cal/g·℃. Titanium alloys have a low modulus of elasticity. The elastic modulus E=110GPa of TC4 is about 1/2 of that of steel, so it is easy to deform when titanium alloy is processed. TC4 (Ti-6Al-4V) and TA7 (Ti-5Al-2.5Sn) titanium alloys, using two implantation schemes for surface modification, the test shows that after ion implantation of titanium alloys, the microhardness is improved and the hardness is significantly reduced. The sliding friction coefficient is improved, and the wear resistance is effectively improved. In order to prove the modification mechanism, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS) analysis was carried out on the injected and uninjected samples, and satisfactory results were obtained.
Specimen preparation and injection conditions:
Preparation of test piece
The TC4 and TA7 titanium alloys used in aviation are selected, and the test piece is made into a disc shape with a size of 40*5mm. All the surface of the test piece is polished to a mirror surface.
Ion implantation conditions
Both titanium alloys use two injection schemes respectively:
① Ti was sputtered on TC4 and TA7 titanium alloy specimens, and the total thickness of the Ti film was 540nm (5400A). 50keV, beam current density 45μA/cm2, dose 71017/cm2, target chamber vacuum 1.3310-2Pa;
② On the basis of ①, inject C+ again, the beam energy is 40keV, and the dose is 3*1017/cm2.
The microhardness of injected and uninjected specimens was measured with HXD-1000 digital microhardness tester, the measured load was 4.9×10-2N, and the measured results are listed in Table 1.
Table 1 Microhardness measurement results
Material Surface state Microhardness/MPa Hardness increase factor
Not injected 2690 0
TC4 injection (N+ +N+2) 6399 1.38
Inject (N+ +N+2)+C+ 3436 0.28
Not injected 3133 0
TA7 injection (N+ +N+2) 4276 0.36
Inject (N+ +N+2)+C+ 4073 0.30
It can be seen from Table 1 that after ion implantation, the microhardness of the specimens increases to varying degrees, and the hardness of TC4 titanium alloy increases by about 1.4 times after implanting (N+ +N+2) mixed beam.
- TC4 coefficient of thermal expansion: TC4 titanium alloy has a series of advantages such as excellent corrosion resistance, small density, high specific strength, good toughness and weldability, and has been successfully applied in aerospace, petrochemical, shipbuilding, automobile, pharmaceutical and other departments .
- Mechanical properties of TC4 titanium alloy: Tensile strength σb/MPa≥895, specified residual elongation stress σr0.2/MPa≥825, elongation δ5(%)≥10, reduction of area ψ(%)≥25
- TC4 titanium alloy density: 4.5 (g/cm3) working temperature -100～550 (℃)
- TC4 titanium alloy chemical composition: TC4 contains titanium (Ti) balance, iron (Fe) ≤ 0.30, carbon (C) ≤ 0.10, nitrogen (N) ≤ 0.05, hydrogen (H) ≤ 0.015, oxygen (O) ≤ 0.20, aluminum (Al) 5.5～ 6.8, vanadium (V)3.5～4.5
TC4 titanium rod, TC4 titanium alloy rod, Gr5 titanium rod, 6Al-4V titanium rod
Mainly used in petroleum exploration equipment accessories, aerospace, shipbuilding, titanium processing parts for automobiles, standard parts, customized parts, etc., with high strength, good toughness, excellent welding performance, and wide application.
- Product Name: TC4 Titanium Rod
- Executive standard: GB/T2965, ASTM B348, AMS4928
- Size range: diameter 6-350mm* length L<(6000mm)
- Production process: forging or rolling
- Delivery state: M annealed state (A), R state, STA solution aging.
- Production cycle: spot, mass customization: 20-25 working days
- MOQ: 50kg
|Mechanical performance reference standard|
|grade||Mechanical properties at room temperature, greater or equal to|
|tensile strength||Yield Strength||Elongation||rate of reduction in area|